Monday, December 6, 2010

Dad's Spiral Notebook

I don't know how I came to have this in my possession. Obviously it had been my Dad's; maybe I thought it of great enough significance that I should keep it under wraps.

OK. that's not entirely true. Until the last few years, it was out in the open, in a box somewhere. And in the last few years, it has been in a plastic, static-protective bag with a pack of desiccant, lest too much more happen to it. But that, sadly, isn't even enough. In fact, as I removed it from its bag just now, another bit of its cover flaked off.

I'd meant to do something with this little book in the last little while. As I'm off on holiday on a business trip this week, and have plenty of time to kill, I figured it is time to commit this to the internet.

I know not if any of what's written in the book is public domain or not. In some places, a citation is made as to the original source, but most do not have attribution. If you see something that needs attribution, or are a copyright holder of the work, I'll gladly remove it if you wish. But as the compiler of this work notes, it meant enough to them to write it down; why not leave it for future generations in a form they'll be sute to read?

So we begin. Each entry will be posted on an individual day. Unlike a traditional blog, however, this work isn't open-ended. There will be an end to these posts, though I don't know when that will be. I never counted the number of entries. Maybe I'll update this Introduction later. Or not. THAT part is open-ended.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I hope you find out about Jess Nolan and whether she kept a similar notebook.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google Analytics Alternative